Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Ambassador Iyorwuese Hagher Campaigns For The Need To Consider A Female In The Benue State Guber Race On Facebook..Please read his full text here



Former Nigerian Ambassador to Mexico and  Canada,a Former Minister of Power and Steel and a Former Head Department ,Theatre Arts at UNIJOS ,posted this on his facebook wall,he is starting a campaign to pick a Female Guber candidate for Benue State ,please read his full text here.


Governorship Of Benue; Global network of friends
I write to thank you for your reactions on my posting. The values and qualities I outlined in my earlier post, the late Aper Aku had at least 90%. And so they have been there in our mind for both men and women, I have received three nominations. Three distinguished ladies.from each of the Senatorial districts. Since no woman has been either governor or deputy Governor of the state,we are starting on a clean zonal slate. I shall close nominations on on Friday. And the names of the Global network candidates will be announced.Their supporters can then campaign for one week. Thereafter our friends poll for the best candidate. The rest would be easy, we would find a political platform for her, find money through our resources for logistics and campaign for her. We must then make our standards the only qualification for all Governorship aspirants to aspire to.If we don't raise the bar now, then when wil
l be the best time. If my friends will come up with a woman or any man who fits about 60% of these qualities and values, I will gladly mentor and support him or her to be a formidable candidate and god willing could be Governor. And why not?

A friend of a friend said I was being cynical,because I was too old to contest. Pathetic reasoning. Nobody in our network should use sexism or agism to discriminate against anybody who has the qualities above. In informed circles,age is just a number. This is why in our qualities we are more concerned with the state of the persons health than biological age. Obasanjo is still alive while Yar Adua who was 15 years younger than him died in office.Physically Yar Adua was older. I can never be the Governor of Benue state in my lifetime after, HE Gov. Suswam. Even if new states are created, he and I are from zone A, and Sankera and Shitile. I respect the zoning and rotation system. I respect the rights of others to aspire to anything I am entitled to.

I apologize to my other Nigerian, African and international friends who may feel bored by all these. Charity begins at home. I will continue to stand up to global social justice and peace,but I need to also guarantee that my immediate base is not lost out of the new wind of change that is challenging old unworkable ideas that have held us prisoners to our prejudices. I apologize on behalf of a young man who was so out of touch and politically incorrect who seems to cast aspersions on the integrity of women.This is no longer acceptable in civilized communities.It is a shameful thing.

So over to you my Benue friends.After this, we should move to other sates as well and receive nominations.We are more powerful than we think. We cannot solve todays problems with the same archaic ideas that created them.
God bless us.
Iyorwuese Hagher
You can follow Ambassador Hagher on Facebook Iyorwuese Hagher

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home