Saturday, March 07, 2015

“My condolences to the Chia family & entire people of Buruku” Tarzoor

“My condolences to the Chia family & entire people of Buruku” Tarzoor


The Benue State PDP gubernatorial candidate Rt Hon Prince Terhemen Tarzoor paid a condolence visit to the residence of the late Commissioner for Rural Development and Cooperatives, Hon Aondowase Chia in Makurdi, to commiserate with his wife and family. Here is the full text of his account of the visit as posted on his Facebook Page Terhemen Tarzoor Page read message after cut.



My condolences to the Chia family & entire people of Buruku
Earlier this morning, before my departure to Katsina Ala for the Stakeholders Consultative Meeting, I was at the Commissioners Quarters Residence of the late Commissioner for Rural Cooperatives, Hon Aondowase Chia to commiserate with his wife and family.
I received news of Hon Chia’s passing away with great shock, the day before yesterday on my arrival into the country. I always considered Hon Chia as one of the leading lights of Benue and one of those whose counsel, wisdom and expertise I would seek once I got into government. 
Hon Chia was a vibrant and self driven young man who contributed greatly to the development of his Buruku Community and Benue State at large through numerous projects and developmental initiatives in his nursing profession, Vigilante activities and in his native Tombo community.
I am most especially pained because Hon. Aondowase Chia was also a consummate politician, having joined Politics in 1986, paving the way for some of us. He was elected member, Benue State House of Assembly in 1992 under the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) where he served on various committees and headed two of these- Health and Human Services as well as Commerce and Industries.
As a Special Assistant to the Governor on Legislative Matters from April 2010, we related closely during my time at the State House Of Assembly before he was elevated and appointed Commissioner by the present administration. His debates at the executive council were robust as were his views and ideas for the development of the State.
Not many of you know that Chia and I had a common passion for the amelioration of the plight of people living with HIV. Until his appointment as Hon. Commissioner, Mr. Chia was a member of the Project Advisory Committee, Buruku Women Against HIV.
I am deeply saddened, even as I write and I only pray the Almighty give his family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
I was accompanied on this condolence visit by my running mate, Hon John Ngbede, the Hon Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Patrick Moro, my Campaign Director General, Prof (Amb) Iorwuese Hagher and several directors of the Campaign organization, the party secretary, Bem Dzoho, Dr Sam Ode, Dr Terhemba Shija, a retinue of personal aides and party supporters. 
Source BenuePage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home