Friday, September 02, 2016

Be inspired : #GoStartSomething ,Meet Agric Econs graduate who sold Akamu to pay her fees.





Onyinye Okoye,proprietress of Orenda schools just shared an inspirational story on facebook,please read it here

In the last two months, ORENDA SCHOOLS has received not less than 85 job applications/cv's as at yesterday and still counting. The high rate of unemployment in BENUE state and Nigeria as a whole is alarming. It got to a point when a job applicant walks into my office, I make sure I do a small reorientation talk with them. My aim is to inspire them and gear them towards financial independence and entrepreneurship. I tell them (WHY CAN'T YOU GO START SOMETHING ). As a year two student in BENUE State university I fried and sold Akara and did mama put to earn extra money. It baffles me when able bodied youth just concentrate on photocopying their Cv's and dropping every where. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying it is wrong to apply for a job, what I am saying is GET BUSY with something while you wait for the Job and who knows, You may be the next employer of labour.
       
 I INTRODUCE TO YOU Ebere Nwabuike She is a graduate of Agric economics from university of Agriculture Makurdi and was able to put herself through school from the proceeds she made selling akamu. A trade she inherited from her mother.
STOP lazing around.
What's your excuse?
GO START SOMETHING..................Onyinye Okoye 


Ebere still sells Akamu  at Madikpo on Mondays Wednesday's and Friday's  waiting to proceed for Youth service.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 03, 2016 , Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home