Saturday, December 30, 2017

I feed, clothe him, but he steals my money, and still demands for respect, woman tells court



Oja Oba/Mapo Court C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has dissolved the union between a woman, Aminat Mouruf and her husband, Olasupo Mouruf.

Aminat had filed a divorce suit against her husband, accusing him of irresponsibility, battery and theft.

She appealed to the court to dissolve their union, grant her custody of their two children and make her husband responsible for their upkeep and education.

Aminat gave her evidence before the court, but Olasupo refused to show up after being served court hearing twice.

Giving his judgment after listening to the plaintiff, the court president, Chief Ademola Odunade stated that it was obvious that there was no more love between the plaintiff and the defendant.

He added that the defendant’s refusal to honour the court’s summon showed that he was defiant in nature and also didn’t cherish his marriage.

He thus dissolved their marriage and granted custody of their two children to the plaintiff.

The defendant was ordered to pay N8, 000 through the court as their children’s feeding allowance and be responsible for their education and health care.

Aminat stated thus: “My lord, my husband is the head of the home in name and not in act.  I have been the one feeding my family since we got married eight years ago.

“He doesn’t know how food gets to the table or how we clothe our children, but he sits comfortably to eat.

“My husband is also not interested in our children’s education. I was the one who enrolled them in school and also paying their school fees. He doesn’t know which school our children are attending and what classes they are.

“Any time I raise the issue of their education, he gets angry and sometimes beats me.

“We fight almost every day because he’s always demanding for respect. I always tell him respect is earned and not demanded for.”

“He’s fond of ransacking our room in case he will come across my money. He has stolen my money on many instances but he will always deny doing so.

“Any time we fight, he will drive me out of the house and won’t let me in until neighbours appeal to him on my behalf.

“He finally sent me packing a year ago. I moved back to my parents with our children. He never checked on our children nor provided them with their needs. Any time he is at my parent’s place, his mission is to fight me and my mother in particular.

“My lord, my husband is nothing but a nuisance. All I have been experiencing since we got married is set back. I, therefore, pray for a divorce so that I can start my life afresh, “she concluded.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home