Saturday, December 29, 2018

I'm a Senator of the Federal Republic, stop looking for me like a criminal. - Melaye cautions Police



The Senator representing Kogi West in the National Assembly, Dino Melaye have reminded the Nigerian Police of the fact that he is still a sitting Senator of the Federal Republic, calling on the Force to stop looking for him like a criminal.

Senator Melaye gave the warning on Saturday during a phone interview with Channels Television,, vowing not to run away.

The embattled lawmaker said, "I was informed that my house has been invaded. Over 40 policemen inside the compound and over 50 outside the gate. My staff were molested, beaten and handcuffed and taken away.

“Presently I’m outside Abuja. I’m a Senator of the Federal Republic of Auja, I cannot run away. I will make myself available as soon as I’m back to town next week. I am not a criminal, I have not done anything."

Melaye's Abuja residence was allegedly invaded by men of the Nigeria Police, which was explained to be an attempt to arrest the Senator, according to a statement credited to the Police's spokesperson, Jimoh Moshood.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home