Friday, July 06, 2012

It’s social! Let’s talk To Chief Samuel Ortom Hon.Minister Of Trade And Investment On FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.








The Hon. Minister Of  State For Trade and Investment Chief Samuel Ortom recently  joined other well meaning Nigerians on the Social Networking platform. The aim is to add value to society by improving governance, reaching out to the poor, the downtrodden and the voiceless, igniting their own quest for self actualization .
Maintaining connections and communicating with people has never being easy but with Social Media one can reach out, thanks to these Internet based applications.
Below is his speech CLICK TO


Today, I join the information superhighway via this popular social utility, Facebook on the first anniversary of my appointment into office as the Honorable Minister of State, Federal Ministry of Trade & Investment.
On this day last year, I took my oath of office as a cabinet Minister and was sworn into office as a minister of a ministerial portfolio that hitherto existed as the Federal Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
As I mark my first year in office, I have decided to join you on Facebook and Twitter. My online presence before now was managed via my personal website, www.samuelortom.com

which I am presently improving to complement my efforts here in disseminating official information for public consumption. This I have decided to do, in furtherance of Mr President’s Transformation Agenda and in order to throw more light on the activities and programs of the Federal Ministry of Trade & Investment.
At the 3rd Quarterly Management meeting of the Trade & Investment Ministry between my humble self, my Honorable Minister, Mr Olusegun Aganga and all directors and heads of parastatals under the Ministry day before yesterday, we decided that for the mandate of this new and repositioned Ministry to be better appreciated and understood by the public, it was imperative that all Trade & Investment officials- both Ministers and Directors General/CEO’s and their agencies think of more innovative and cost friendly ways of letting the public know of the activities and efforts of the Jonathan administration in the areas of Trade facilitation and Investment promotion.
We have done much in projecting the image of this new Ministry since we came onstream exactly a year ago but we all feel we can do more. There is a glaring disconnect between government and the populace in terms of information dissemination and this, we intend to begin redressing through various ways- and this is just one of those few strategies by my humble self.
So, this page is all about me-it talks about the life and times of Samuel Ioraer Ortom- in my capacity as a serving Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as well as in my role as a party elder, pastor, farmer, philanthropist, industrialist, husband, father and every other thing in between. It is about my life and my work- my philosophy, my hopes and aspirations, my activities, projects and engagements.
Therefore, as you would have discerned, this page is meant to facilitate easy and effective communication between me and people from different walks of life, both at home and in the Diaspora. From government functionaries, the organized private sector, academia, intelligentsia, party men, labor, civil society, spiritual leaders as well as the common man on the street, this site articulates my ideas on our national growth and development as well as my thoughts on restoring faith in our democratic trajectory, thereby reducing our susceptibility to corruption, ushering in good governance and sustainable democracy.
It talks about my activities-both as a party man and as a public servant, just so people will better understand the leadership recruitment process on the one hand, and to also better comprehend how government and her functionaries make decisions and allocate resources on the other.
Following in the footsteps of my Commander-in-Chief who launched his Facebook page to global acclaim sometime ago, I also do this in the hope this window will complement his efforts and those of my other colleagues in Council.
I can only pray this effort educates and enlightens all of you on the inner workings of government as seen through the eyes of a top ranking cabinet official. I urge you all to contribute with your ideas, innovations, suggestions and constructive criticisms so we can all be a part of building our great nation and moving us forward.

Sam Ortom
2.40pm

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 07, 2012 , Anonymous Mimilicious said...

Nice one! Go Benue

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2012 , Blogger Mimi Atedze said...

Yes ohhhh.

 
At Saturday, December 01, 2012 , Blogger Nomishan Terngu Sylvanus said...

that is good sir.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home