Friday, July 25, 2014

Former Arsenal Striker Thierry Henry Set To Face Arsenal In A 2nd Pre-Season Clash In New York Tomorrow.


Experience: Henry is enjoying the final chapter of his career in America

Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry will face his former club tomorrow in a pre-season clash.



The Gunners legend, who now plays for MLS franchise New York Red Bulls, will face his former club in Arsene Wenger side's second pre-season clash.
Henry is still idolised by Arsenal fans, and has a statue of himself outside the Emirates Stadium.click for more;




In an emotional voice he said
'I felt emotional when I played against them in the Emirates Cup for the first time, but it's different here in New York, plus I go there every year to train in the off season,' said the Frenchman.

'So it's not the same when as when I went back for the first time for Emirates Cup. This is a friendly game so this is different, my mind is on the league game Salt Lake next week. 
'It's nice because it's against Arsenal, but we don't get three points, it's a friendly.'
He added: 'What was the highlight of my Arsenal career? Wearing the shirt. 
'Wearing the shirt was a privilege, I understood that more when I left. Those seven or eight games I played when I went back on loan in 2012, I realised how important it is to wear the shirt. 
'It was unbelievable, I felt a different man with this shirt.'
Source DailyMailUk
Pictures ;Getty Images.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home