Friday, August 01, 2014

Jada Pinkett Smith Goes High Fashion For ‘The Edit’, Talks Ditching TheRules & Going With The Flow In Marriage.





Jada Pinkett Smith is out there serving high fashion realness in Net-A-Porter’s The Edit. The 42-year-old actress recently ditched her string bikini vacation-wear for something more upscale for her fierce shoot with the web publication.
Inside, the Gotham actress dishes on her 17-year marriage to Will Smith. In the mag, she says the actor is “everything” and feels like “my husband” is way too small of a title for a him since it doesn’t truly capture what he means in her life. She also said we women get too caught up on the idea of what a husband should be, and it wasn’t until the couple ditched the rules that she was able to enjoy Will in all his glory.
Elsewhere, she speaks on being inspired by Willow and staying active while keeping her gym time to a minimum.Continue to see more.








Check the highlights!
On her relationship with Will:
We used to have all these rules, [but] as you go on in your relationship, you just get into a flow. The thing I love is being in a place where it’s just like, Will, to me, encompasses everything. It’s almost as if calling him ‘my husband’ is too small of a word for what he means in my life — and especially how I feel we, as women, identify the idea of a husband. I really had to mature and expand that. I think I had a very stuck idea of what a husband looks like, what a wife should be. Once I broke all of that, a whole new world opened for me and man, oh, man, I got to see him in all his glory. And so that’s what it’s evolved into. And I’m just ecstatic about it.
On how she copes with the gay and infidelity rumors:
The coping technique is knowing what the truth is – there’s no better technique. When you know that what’s going on in your house is so the opposite [of what’s being said], and you also know that when there’s mystery, people fill in the gaps, that’s OK. And then you look back at it and look at how creative people can be, and it’s kind of entertaining. We can laugh because it’s so ridiculous. But I get it. I don’t take it personally.
On her kids:
I want my kids to be happy and I want them to be themselves, I was saying to a friend the other day, ‘Remember, our kids are not us.’ They’re not. Sometimes we’re trying to fix things that happened to us or projecting [onto them], and that’s a terrible, terrible trap.
On feeling strong and staying fit as she gets older:
You know what? I don’t know if I feel stronger than ever, but I do feel better than ever. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned that it’s about being physical every day. You don’t have to go to the gym if that’s not your thing. You can go outside your door and walk around your block. You can take a brisk walk, a light jog, a slow stroll if you want! I feel like, as I’ve gotten, I look better than ever and I work out less. I’m never in the gym for [more than] 45 minutes.

Culled from Necole Bitchie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home