Thursday, September 04, 2014

Joan Rivers, Legendary Comedian and ‘Fashion Police’ Host, Dead at 81





Joan Rivers , the sharp-tongued entertainer who opened doors for women in comedy, died Thursday at age 81.

The comedian's daughter Melissa released a statement revealing her legendary mother had died. “It is with great sadness that I announce
the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends,” the statement said.

Rivers, who most recently co-hosted E!'s “Fashion Police,” was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York on Aug. 28, after she stopped breathing while undergoing throat surgery. She was later placed in a medically induced coma and had been on life support.


Below is the statement on Rivers’ death that Melissa released through Katz Public Relations:

It is with great sadness that I announce
the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17 p.m.
surrounded by family and close friends.
My son and I would like to thank the
doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they
provided for my mother.

Cooper and I have found ourselves
humbled by the outpouring of love,
support, and prayers we have received
from around the world. They have been
heard and appreciated.
My mother's greatest joy in life was to
make people laugh. Although that
is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to
laughing soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home