Saturday, January 10, 2015

Lagos Maid Elopes With Madam's Boyfriend,Cash And Underwears.



Ijeoma Ugwumba’s euphoric mood over the date she had just shattered when she waltzed into her Lekki apartment one sultry Sunday evening.
Speaking with Naij.com, the mid-level federal civil servant says: “I saw a note from my house help, Oluchi (Muoghalu), saying that she had left. Her (mobile phone) number was not going, I called her parents (in Anambara State) and they said they did not see her. I was rushing to keep an appointment with my date, so I gave her N30,000 to pay into the bank for me. When I came back, Oluchi had disappeared with her bags and my money.”


“Not only that; she left with my DVD (player), my manicure kit, and even had the audacity to take some of my underwear,” she added.

Ms Ugwumba’s four days of an extensive manhunt eventually unearthed Ms Muoghalu in the far away Delta State. She had aborted a pregnancy, unknown to her employee, and eloped with a boyfriend to Asaba. She had also, to Ms Ugwumba’s chagrin, borrowed N10,000 from a neighbour on her employer’s behalf.

Ms Ugwumba’s plight represents what a growing number of Lagos residents pass through at the hands of domestic servants. The rapidly growing number of working women and the demands of living in an over populated mega city like Lagos have necessitated the need for hired help to take care of homes and children, in some cases.

In downtown Surulere, another resident, Bernadene Ihekweme, got a recent scare when she got home from work, around10pm one night, to find her maid and three children missing.

“Apart from my first son, (Jude), the rest are normally in bed by that time. I nearly had a heart attack. I panicked and started calling every neighbour to know where they were,” she said.

Her fears were assuaged when it turned out her husband, who works and resides in Abuja, had paid a surprise visit and played a prank on her by whisking the family away.

“Normally I shouldn’t have panicked like that, but in this era of maids and houseboys conniving with kidnappers, my brother do you blame me?” added Ms Ihekweme.

Her suspicions are equally mirrored by majority of respondents; even in cases where domestic servants have been with their employers for long periods.

A few bad eggs spoil the whole basket.

Having served her employer for a “loyal” eight years, Kikelomo Olarenwaju, is indignant at the suggestion that her trustworthiness could be suspect.

“That one can never happen,” she declared. “My madam (Abisola John-Martins) can never try to suspect me for anything. I have been here for so long that I can’t mess up. In short, I am now a part of the family. My madam has already registered for my JAMB; that is because she now wants me to go to university just like her children.”

Emilia Ike is an Economics graduate, and manages a cyber cafe at Aguda, Surulere. She has served as a house help to Cyprain and Geraldine Okwara since 2006.

 Lagos maids sef....

Source Nigeria Entertainment info

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home