Friday, January 22, 2016

Blogger Spotlight-Lilian Binda Of Lilianbinda.com


Welcome to our first  Blogger Spotlight! Lilian Binda of lilianbinda.com , Lilian is a successful blogger from the Middle Belt, i first met through Facebook.We got talking about plenty topics and she agreed to do a Q&A with me.she is from Plateau State,Shendam LGC .Lilian started blogging when a friend asked her to write an article. When she was done and forwarded the draft back to him, his response was "you should start a blog, you're good at this." At that time ,she didn't have any idea what blogging was. He helped her set up her account with Wordpress and since then it's been penning down articles and publishing them one after the other.She holds a  Bsc in Economics and a Msc in Development studies
Read more about Lilian Binda in the interview below.






How long have you been blogging?
20 beautiful long months
What would you say makes your blog stand out from all the others?

Well I like to call my blog an online magazine. Cos I don't upload posts every minute or hour. I upload one post a day. All real life events written with a modern/contemporary twist. Kinda like to draw my readers in. To love my style you've got to be a book lover, love reading and have a good sense of humor. lol


I pick real life events and translate them into stories. For example I picked up the story of the prodigal son from the bible, put it in a modern day story you know like how would it have happened in our time. Bottom line emphasis was on Gods unconditional love for man. Second story has been a series titles 'Maksud' which was initially intended to run for 4 weeks now in its 9th week. I pick the theme from the happenings/crisis in the north eastern part of Nigeria. A lot really is going on that we don't see. Stories can tell a lot of things we take for granted.

Are you monetizing your blog? What do you find works best for you?

Yes I am. I just introduced the monetizing  part because I wanted to gain an ample size of followers earned from hard work not through SEO's. But just basically putting your work out there before people close to you, who know you and can then appreciate the effort in the work you do. What works for me....so far it's been the ads and my Cupid Wednesday column that's beginning to get some recognition.

What do you do besides blogging


Besides blogging I love to cook, I'm a foodie, then I love to read and watch movies. A little bit of traveling when I have the time. Basic life of an introvert.
As you can see, she is also a fashion maven, who loves comteporary fashion,but of late is gearing towards the Bohemian fashion,i love  fedora hats,neck layers and very simple earrings  .


Where can we find you online?
Instagram: lylyanbinda
Facebook : www.facebook.com/lilianbinda
Facebook page: lilianbinda.com
Twitter: @lylyanbinda 
www.lilianbinda.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home