Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Benue Beauty queen cries out over refusal of organisers to present her price,a Kia SUV to her.


Incumbent Benue Queen of Carnival, Miss Peace Adzongo has cried out to the organisers of the event for her price which is a Kia sports utility vehicle.

The pageant was organized on December 23,2015  by the office of Senior Special Assistant to the state Governor on youth, Kings Wealth Energy, the Ministry of Arts and Culture and also supported by the state government.

Narrating her ordeal to Benue.info, Miss Adzongo said she was given the keys to the vehicle on stage the night she won the contest six months ago, only to be collected the next by the organisers who have failed to give her the vehicle till date.

“After I emerged the winner of the carnival, that night, I was given the key to car on stage. I went with it to where we were camped but the next day my organizers asked for the car keys.

“They said they wanted to bring down the car from the stand where it had been displayed for two months prior to the event, and show the Governor so that either him or his wife, the first lady can present it to me in an appropriate manner.

“That day till date, I have not heard from them. I have not received any reward for my labour but those who won the second and third positions were given their prices and they took them home.” She narrated.

The carnival queen therefore appealed to the state government to intervene as the situation has gotten out of her control.







source Benue.info

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home