Saturday, July 02, 2016

Buhari inherited burden from Jonathan- Prof Soyinka




NOBEL laureate Prof Wole Soyinka has come out to defend the President Muhammadu Buhari led administrattion urging Nigerians to be patient as  it would take time for President Muhammadu Buhari to clear the rot he inherited from his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
Here is a piece of what prof Soyinka said...

 He believed that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan left a “heavy baggage” and “burden” that may take a while to tackle for the present administration.

He said: “This (Buhari) administration has inherited a heavy baggage. While I am critical in some aspects of the priority, I think that to clear up the mess left by previous administrations is going to take quite a while, especially in the economy sector. So, I don’t use words like optimism or pessimism; I’m just pragmatic. I look at what is on the ground and, of course, wherever I can intervene, I do both privately and publicly.”

He then urged Nigerians to be patient as he believes that the country’s economy would soon be stable.

But, he urged the President to sustain efforts at improving the economy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home