Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Woman Allegedly Set Ablaze By Husband In Benin Following A Disagreement


A man has been arrested by police in Edo State for allegedly setting his wife ablaze following a disagreement over his refusal to attend her father’s funeral.
According to PM News, the man identified as Onya on Saturday, June 11, poured petrol on his wife, Margaret Onya and set her on fire at their residence located at No. 35, JB street, Ekosodin quarters, off Ugbowo-Lagos Road, Benin City.

Margaret suffered severe burns from the incident is now being treated at a private hospital in Benin City. Speaking from her hospital bed, she said:

“We had a quarrel and my husband told me he would teach me a lesson. After our disagreement, I sat on the chair and my husband went inside, brought petrol and wanted to pour it on me. I held the jar and as we were dragging, I was shouting for help. He overpowered me and poured the contents on me and lit a match. I was saved by one of my neighbours who rushed into our apartment and put out the fire,” she stated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home