Friday, August 12, 2016

Sports presenter Ore Oduba joins Strictly Come Dancing line-up




Broadcaster Ore Oduba, one of the faces of the Olympic Games, is the fourth contestant on the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, the BBC said.The sports presenter, 29, is well known as a regular fixture on BBC Breakfast and is currently anchoring daily coverage from the games in Rio for BBC Four.

Ore Oduba (BBC)


He has presented programmes such as the Queen’s Birthday Celebrations on Commonwealth Day, New Year celebrations at Big Ben and the London Marathon.

He joins Ed Balls, Will Young and Laura Whitmore who have already been announced as contestants on the 14th series of the popular dancing show which returns to screens in September this year.

Ore said: “I’m still waiting for someone to wake me up and tell me I’m dreaming. I’ve been such a huge fan of the show for over a decade.


Ore Oduba took part in Let’s Dance for Comic Relief 2013 (Guy Levy/BBC)

“So to actually take to the Strictly stage myself, I don’t think I’ve been more nervously excited – aside from on my wedding day. Let’s hope for fewer tears! I cannot wait to get started, it’s going to be so much fun.”

Ore started on children’s television as an anchor of CBBC’s Newsround and Sportsround before going on to present a variety of BBC programmes.

Born in Hammersmith and raised in Dorset, Ore returned to London to embark on a career in broadcasting. He lives in the city centre with his fiancee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home